We will be at a Baby Shower, welcoming new life — and watching old women lose their minds over tiny onesies and booties, while wondering “WTF is that baby torture contraption for?” (or maybe that’s just me). I will probably sneak out to hang out with the hostess’s chickens while the AP tries to convince strangers not to touch her baby. You probably won’t be doing any of those things, so you should do these instead:
- Pratt Nature Center Earth Day will have live animals on Saturday
- It’s going to be beautiful, so why not hit up the wine trail
- It’s the last weekend to go see The Pianist of Willesden Lane at Hartford Stage…if you’re feeling indoorsy. Anti-Couric enjoyed it a few weeks ago.
- If you think it’s too early or too cold for ice cream, you’re not a true Nutmegger. CT is full of small creameries and farms, so hop to it. Robb’s Farm in Glastonbury opens on Friday.
- If you missed the Trashion Fashion Show last weekend, you can go to the Trashion Soiree on Saturday at Hartford City Hall, 7-9 p.m.