We took a couple of weeks off from trying to control your weekend plans, but our inner drill sergeants have reared their heads and we are back to our old ways. After three days of rain, we’re sure you’re dying to get outside, so here are some suggestions:
- The Coventry Farmer’s Market is up and running again for the 2015 summer season. Go get some fresh veggies and goat cheese–or a giant cupcake.
- Saturday (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) is Tom Sawyer Day at The Mark Twain House and Museum. Free and family friendly with ponies, a rock wall, performances, and plenty of screaming kids.
- There is an Amateur Disc Golf tournament happening at Wickham Park on Saturday and Sunday
- Art for AIDS to benefit the Connecticut AIDS Coalition is at ArtSpace in Hartford on Saturday night.
- Mystic Aquarium is celebrating World Oceans Day a few days early on Saturday
- Musicians from Hartford Symphony Orchestra are putting on a concert to benefit Nepal on Saturday. Free will offering.